Often it feels like we went in a full circle, pandemic wise. April 1 the country shut down. There were times when we weren't allowed out of our own yard. I had the opportunity to shop online at our local grocery store (a first). By July 1, we had completely opened up the country inside. What a relief.
By August, we actually had Covid cases (there had been a total of 19 our entire time April-July). The planned "opening" of the airport and subsequently borders never surfaced. We were put into as much quarantine as they could muster without closing businesses. We have been in this place of limbo since August 1st.
October 1, our airports opened.
We are able to have ten people at church plus 3 in leadership. Some of the regular attenders choose not to come for fear of Covid, which is currently worse than ever before. We do broadcast those services over facebook. We (Nathanael and Jeimmy) also have been doing individual visits. 1-3 times a week in addition to the discipleship and going through The Purple Book.
And now for TWO big news issues..
First: As a family we have come to the decision that we won't be able to return to the US this holiday season. Border issues have been volatile as well as the fact that it won't be the same experience for our kids. This does mean that we have made a decision to return this summer (2021) no matter what. Start making plans now. We are (it is helping make us feel a bit better).
The even better news: NATHANAEL GOT HIS WORK PERMIT! We rejoiced and then got right to work on my dependency permit and the children's student visas. My dependency permit was obtained the next day. The kids now have to be certified by the government of Belize to qualify as homeschoolers. This process is said to take 6 weeks. We also hope to apply for residency in the next few weeks.
Well that's all the news that's fit to tell currently ;) God Bless you thanks for engaging with the ministry to the Deaf in Belize.